ENTER THE BIG FAMILY BUILD!
The Big Family Build is an annual Christian brick building competition, encouraging families to work on a shared project while diving into God’s word!
How do I enter?
Create a construction made of LEGO® bricks based on this year’s theme:
Bible Metaphors and Similes
Bible metaphors and similes are found throughout the Old and New Testament and are used to describe God, Jesus, ourselves and the world. For example: “I am the light of the world” or “Keep me as the apple of your eye.” Find one that inspires you to build! See our list to help you get started.
- Create with at least two members of the same family (You can also team up with someone you consider to be family). Team members can be of any age (including only adults) but we have a special prize category for builds by kids 16 years and under.
- Constructions can be made with LEGO® blocks or duplo.
- Fill out the application form and send us some photos/video of your creation from various angles. Please include at least one photo of yourselves with your build.
- Be sure to encourage your friends and family to vote for your build in the People’s Choice Award.
Please note: The competition is only open to Australian residents.
Entries close: 9th of July
People’s Choice Award online judging: 10-12th of July
Winners announced: 17th of July
We are pleased to announce our judges are Josh and Andrew from Season 2 of LEGO® Masters! They will be looking for:
- Technical ability.
- Builds that represent the Bible metaphor or simile using clear storytelling.
Check out the 2019 and 2020 winners below.
First prize – $250 LEGO voucher (Sponsored by Church Finance Central).
Runner Up – $150 LEGO voucher (Sponsored by Reeman Constructions)
Third Prize – $100 LEGO voucher (Sponsored by Reeman Constructions)
Under 16’s build – $80 LEGO voucher
Hat Trick Award – $50 LEGO voucher (This is a special prize category for people who have entered 3 years in a row).
All finalists – Various $50 vouchers (Sponsored by The Wandering Bookseller and Blue Bandicoot Studios)
All entries receive a digital certificate with feedback from the judges.
Our sponsors help to make this competition possible. They are all great business doing great things for God! Check out their websites by clicking on their logos:
Why not hold your own brick building competition on this year’s theme? You could host an exhibition of builds and encourage families to enter online.
If you would like some flyers or a personalise flyer made up a flyer with your school/church name on it, let us know by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To let others know about this great competition, please share our Facebook Post or the web link.
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group which has not endorsed or sponsored this competition.
If you have any problems with this form, send us an email: email@example.com
An alternate to a Google form will be available shortly.