Artists contributing to The Gathering exhibition 2020 should agree with the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Artworks will be accepted from professional, practicing and hobby artists, including children and youth, who are from a Baptist churches in NSW/ACT or an affiliated group. A range of disciplines and mediums are encouraged. Group installations are also encouraged. Zenos Media reserves the right to select appropriate artworks for the exhibition.
2. Artworks should in some way reflect the conference theme – Saved, Called Sent, Matthew 28:19-23.
3. All artists and group exhibitors must pre-apply by March 31st. Youth and children’s entries can be submitted anytime up until the 15th of April. A selection of works by children and young people will be chosen according to artistic excellence and approach to the theme.
4. Late entries will not be accepted, without prior notice.
5. Zenos Media will contact all artist who pre-apply to discuss the specifications of their work, including preferred display/hanging options and transportation of works.
6. All exhibiting artists must provide a digital image of the completed artwork by the 15th of April.
7. Artworks to be hung must be no larger than 150cm x 150cm (including frame) and must not exceed the maximum weight of 15kg, unless pre-approved.
8. 3D works must be no larger than 150 x 150 x 150cm and must not exceed 15 kg, unless pre-approved.
9. Multiple pieces submitted as a single entry – must not exceed the specified dimensions and weight in total when displayed.
10. We encourage all exhibited works to be for sale. A 20% commission will be taken on all artworks sold. If the work is not offered for sale during the exhibition, it may not be sold privately or through a gallery for the following 12 months.
11. In the event that the exhibition tours, all selected works must be available to tour during 2020.
12. The submission of the final work must be accompanied by:
- A contract signed by the artist. This will be provided after your application.
- An artist’s statement (maximum 250 words). If you wish to submit a video which explains your work, please only provide a video link or a QR code which links to the video.
- A cost price for the work. This must include GST, if you are registered for GST.
- An artist’s biography (100 words).
Rights and responsibilities
· Each artist remains the sole owner of the exhibited works until payment is made in full, if the work is sold.
· Baptist Churches of NSW/ACT has the right to take photographs of any work in the context of the exhibition for promotional purposes, however, no digital image that replicates the work will be created or distributed without permission from the artist.
· Each artist is responsible for transportation of works to and from the exhibition. Works can be shipped to Zenos Media and some artists may prefer to drop works off at key locations in NSW. Transportation of works will be discussed with artists on application.
· Each artist is responsible for acquiring their own insurance, to cover the artwork during transportation.
· The Baptist Churches of NSW/ACT will insure works while on display during the exhibition.
· Zenos Media will exercise all due care in the handling and protection of the artwork.
· Zenos Media will not be held responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever or however caused to any work while in their custody.
· It is expected that all work submitted does not breach copyright and is the sole work of the artist/artists to whom the work is credited.