The Kid’s Art Challenge is a great way to introduce kids to creative ways of connecting to God. Take an art challenge as a family, school, classroom, kids club, kid’s church or in an all-age worship service.
Share your work!
If you have a few kids or families in your church or school taking the art challenge, why not make a small exhibition. If you create an exhibition we can advertise it for you. Just let us know!
We would also love to see your work! Parents or teachers, upload artwork to Instagram: #zenosmediakidsartchallenge or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
God's Amazing Creation
Create a piece of art about something God has created which you think is amazing! This might be a place, a tree, a type of food, an animal, a person or your pet. As you are making your artwork, think about the way this part of creation helps you understand God, his love, his character, his sense of humour or his creativity. You might:
- Take a photo
- Paint or draw a picture
- Create a sculpture
- Make a collage
In Touch with Nature
Take Challenge 2 for a chance to combine your adventurous side with your creative side! To take the challenge you will:
- Go on a walk outside with your family, friends, class, church or kid’s club.
- Collect natural things you find beautiful or interesting such as flowers, nuts, leaves, feathers, sticks, bark etc.
- Share what you have found with others. Talk about why you collected it and think about why God created each object. What is its purpose?
- Use your collection to create something. It might be a picture, collage, flower arrangement, sculpture or installation.
For this challenge we would love to see how creative you can be with an image. Some of our contributors have taken some amazing pictures of creation and we would love to see the ways these pictures have inspired you. To take Challenge 3 you will:
- Choose a photo taken by one of the Zenos Media contributors from the nature or animal stock images section of the website.
- Use the picture as the basis of an artwork or display.